4th grade: Mrs. Heck
Mrs. Teresa Heck
Mrs. Heck was born and raised on a small hobby farm near Foley. She is
a graduate of St. Cloud State University. She was previously a 3rd grade teacher for two years at Oak
Ridge Elementary in Sartell. She has taught at SJAS for the past two years. Mrs. Heck and her husband,
Dustin have a daughter named Zoey, a son named Lucas, and a Corgie
named Lucy. Mrs. Heck enjoys riding and showing horses with her husband and children, playing volleyball and softball,
watching movies, and reading.
Mrs. Heck became Barton trained in 2017.
Barton is a wonderful tutoring system for individuals
who struggle with spelling, reading, and writing due to dyslexia
or a learning disability.
About the Classroom
- Math: place value, multiplication and division,
fractions, measurement, geometric shapes, graphing
- Science: Simple Machines, Water Cycle, Matter, Rocks and Minerals, Energy, Electricity
- Social Studies: Regions of America, geography,
maps and globes
- Reading: Read for meaning in varied literary
forms and novel units
- English: Increase writing skills in various
Other Things to Know
- E-mail, planners, and Remind (Texting Service) will be used for
communication and checked consistently
- AR Expectations: Students will be required to read two chapter books
and one non-fiction book in their reading level per quarter.
The students need to pass the AR tests
with 80% or higher to get the points for reading the book. The students
will be allowed 1 quit book, which means if they are not enjoying a book
they have chosen they can choose a different book. Also, the class will be
earning AR points together in order to earn different awards.