Mrs. Maria Dombrovski
Mrs. Domborvski is a graduate of Bemidji State University.
She and her husband live in Rice. She enjoys disc golfing,
kayaking, running, being outdoors, hunting, reading, and spending time with family and friends. Mrs.
Dombrovski is excited to be at St. John's Area School!
Mrs. Dombrovski became Barton trained in 2017.
Barton is a wonderful tutoring system for individuals who struggle with spelling, reading, and writing
due to dyslexia or a learning disability.
About the Classroom
- Reading: learn different comprehension strategies, reading centers and novel units
- Math: subtraction across zeros, multiplication, division, and fractions
- English: parts of speech (nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives)
- Social Studies: communities, Lewis and Clark, Native American geography
- Science: solar system, life cycle of plants and animals, weather and air
- Religion: Four Marks of the Catholic Church, Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary
- Handwriting: cursive
Other Things to Know
- Please check your child’s home folder
each day for notes and classroom information. Asking your child about
the contents of the folder is a great way to learn about his/her day and
increase verbal skills.
- Home Reading: Students will expand on the
reading they do with parents through retellings, writing, schematic
mapping, and Accelerated Reader testing.
- Newsletters will be sent home on
- Library: We will visit the library once a week
for students to check out books.
- Music: The students will enjoy music class twice
each week and music will be used within the classroom to enhance our
- Physical Education: Students will participate
in phy-ed three times per week. Please help your child remember to wear
or bring tennis shoes on these days.
- Computer: Students will have computer class two
days per week and technology will be used within the classroom as
- Mass: The students will attend mass twice a
week and our class will be responsible for planning and helping at the
mass periodically throughout the year. Dates for our masses will be in
the classroom newsletter.
Web site and all contents © Copyright St. John's Area
School, 2017. All rights reserved.
Banner Photography © B Jacobs, R Pernell, B Thompson - Agency
Dreamstime | free website templates