3rd grade: Mrs. Gales
Mrs. Katie Gales
Mrs. Gales is a graduate of St. Cloud State University.
Before teaching here, she taught 2nd grade at Holy Trinity Catholic School in Pierz. She
is very excited for another year of learning! Mr.s Gales lives in Sauk Rapids with her husband
Sean and her two children Owen and Lola and their dog Winston. In her free time she enjoys reading
a good book, baking, camping, and going for walks.
Mrs. Gales became Barton trained
in 2016. Barton is a wonderful tutoring system for individuals who struggle
with spelling, reading, and writing due to dyslexia or a learning disability.
About the Classroom
- Reading: learn different comprehension strategies, reading centers and novel units
- Math: subtraction across zeros, multiplication, division, and fractions
- English: parts of speech (nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives)
- Social Studies: communities, Lewis and Clark, Native American geography
- Science: solar system, life cycle of plants and animals, weather and air
- Religion: Four Marks of the Catholic Church, Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary
- Handwriting: cursive
Other Things to Know
- Planners are used for communication and need to be signed daily
- AR Expectations: We use a point system in our classroom. Each AR book is worth a
certain number of points depending on difficulty/length. Students will make and work to achieve
their goals each quarter.
Web site and all contents © Copyright St. John's Area
School, 2017. All rights reserved.
Banner Photography © B Jacobs, R Pernell, B Thompson - Agency
Dreamstime | free website templates