3rd grade: Mrs. Gales
Mrs. Katie Gales
Mrs. Gales is a graduate of St. Cloud State University.
She lives in Sauk Rapids with her husband, Sean, and their two children, Owen and Lola.
Mrs. Gales previously taught 2nd grade at Holy Trinity Catholic School. She enjoys
spending time with her family, camping, going for walks, baking, and reading a good
book. Mrs. Gales is very excited to be teaching at SJAS!
Mrs. Gales became Barton trained
in 2016. Barton is a wonderful tutoring system for individuals who struggle
with spelling, reading, and writing due to dyslexia or a learning disability.
About the Classroom
- Reading: learn different comprehension strategies, reading centers and book clubs
- Math: subtraction across zeros, multiplication and division, fractions and decimals
- English: parts of speech (nouns, pronouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives) and learn the writing process
- Social Studies: communities, Lewis and Clark, Native American geography
- Science: solar system, human body, weather and air
- Religion: Four Marks of the Catholic Church, Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary, Apostles Creed
- Handwriting: cursive
Other Things to Know
- Planners are used for communication and need to be signed daily
- AR Expectations: We use a point system in our classroom. Each AR book is worth a
certain number of points depending on difficulty/length. Students must pass AR test to
earn points. A minimum of 15 points are needed each quarter.
Web site and all contents © Copyright St. John's Area
School, 2017. All rights reserved.
Banner Photography © B Jacobs, R Pernell, B Thompson - Agency
Dreamstime | free website templates